FANDOM


Enchanting equipment allows the player to make them more powerful and more valuable by adding sockets and special effects. Occassionally enchanting will backfire by adding penalties or even removing all special effects.

There are four means of obtaining enchanted equipment. Rikko the Enchanter offers to enchant equipment for a fee depending on the value of the item. Magic Anvils are found in the Dungeon and are free to use, but can only be used once. Enchanted equipment can be the goal of a fetch quest or given as a reward for any quest. Lastly, enchanted equipment can be found at random in the Dungeon, hidden in chests or dropped by monsters. These often require identification before their effects are known.

Algorithm

  1. 20% chance of adding sockets and ending. 80% chance of continuing to the next step.
  2. 50% chance of adding enchantments and ending. 50% chance of continuing to the next step.
  3. 25% chance of adding unique powers and ending. 75% chance of continuing to the next step.
  4. 6% chance of removing all enchantments. 94% chance of doing nothing.

Percentages

For regular and enchanted equipment (black or purple background):

  • 20% chance of adding sockets
  • 40% chance of adding enchantments
  • 10% chance of adding unique powers
  • 1.8% chance of removing all enchantments
  • 28.5% of doing nothing

For unique equipment (teal background; skips step 3):

  • 20% chance of adding sockets
  • 40% chance of adding enchantments
  • 3.6% chance of removing all enchantments
  • 36.4% of doing nothing

For legendary equipment (gold background; skips steps 2 and 3):

  • 20% chance of adding sockets
  • 4.8% chance of removing all enchantments
  • 75.2% of doing nothing
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.